Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Jalapeno honey mustard


My sister Jill shared this recipe with me a few years ago and it is one that I still make regularly. This mustard is less intense than the whole grain beer mustard I posted earlier. I've taken this mustard to a few parties before and it is always a hit. I can't take credit for this recipe since it was shared with me, but I don't know who to credit either. Regardless, it is amazing and was gone in minutes when I brought it to a super bowl party.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup mustard powder
1 tablespoon flour
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons mustard seeds
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno

Directions:

In a small sauce pot, whisk together mustard powder, flour, and water. Let rest for 10 minutes. Add mustard seeds, vinegar, honey, and salt. Cook over medium heat until it simmers, making sure to stir constantly. Cook until it begins to thicken and remove from heat once desired consistency is reached, about 2 minutes. Stir in chopped jalapeno.

No comments:

Post a Comment