Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sangritzer


This is, by far, my favorite summer drink. I call it sangritzer because it is a cross between sangria and a white wine spritzer. I don't add any additional alcohol to the wine just because I want it to be easy to drink and relatively light, but feel free to booze it up a bit if you want. You can use pretty much any fruit you want for this but make sure you use a fruity, crisp wine.

Ingredients:

6-8 ounces of frozen fruit (I used a mango, pineapple, strawberry mix)
1 bottle of white wine (pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc)
2 liter bottle of sparkling water

Directions:

Cut frozen fruit into small pieces. Add to a large pitcher. Pour bottle of wine over frozen fruit and stir. I like to allow people to add as much or as little water as they'd like so I don't add it to the pitcher. Instead, I just encourage people to pour the fruity wine into a glass and then top each individual serving with sparkling water, this way it stays fizzy as well. I've found that a 50/50 split is a good starting point for most people, but adjust to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment