Sunday, January 4, 2015

Mini broccoli cheddar quiche


This is one of my most requested recipes by my coworkers. I have brought these mini quiches in for meetings before and people always comment how impressed they are with them and I've rarely had leftovers. One of my coworkers asked for the recipe and was disappointed that I didn't really have one, so when I made them the other morning I made sure to measure everything carefully.

Ingredients:

1 recipe for pie crust (or a tube of pre-made dough like crescent rolls or something)
1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
6 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 dash cayenne pepper
5-6 cracks of black pepper

Directions:

Press pie crust into a greased 12 count muffin pan. The crust should look very thin. Poke it a few times with a fork to prevent air bubbles. Bake according to recipe directions but check it regularly - since the crust is so thin it will most likely require a little less time. While it is baking, boil the broccoli until fork tender. Drain. Turn heat down to 325 degrees. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Once crust is done baking, divide the broccoli and cheese into each of the muffin cups. Top with egg mixture (a little less than 1/4 cup per cup). Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the eggs have set and started to puff. Loosen the quiche while still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment